[GOODBYE CHANGMIN, MY FIRST LOVE] Chapter 3: First sight, Our hearts collide [Changmin's POV]

 It was my first day in the university and I was so excited~ New beginning, new life~ I heard my mom shouted my name, worrying that I would be late on my first day. I answered back and told her that I'm about to go downstairs to eat breakfast before leaving. As expected, mom prepared my favorite foods. My eyes gleamed on the sight of a scrumptous feast. I thanked for the meal and started to dig in. This is the best way to start the school year, I thought. My heart is full with the taste of these amazing dishes. I drank water, got up and kissed my mom goodbye.


I did not really have much expectation on my university life. I just wanted to do what I am passionate for, finish a degree and make some friends.

As I arrived in the university, I slightly ran on the verge of my excitement that I did not realize that there was a girl walking, reading a book. I accidentally bumped into her, which made her book flew. She gazed at me, annoyed. I offered my hand so that she could get up but she did not take mine and just got up by herself. I could see on her expressions that she did not like what happened but she forced a smile. She looked beautiful that I was stunned for a few seconds. I smiled back like a fool, unknowingly. Then, she mumbled, "My book". I quickly searched for it with my eyes. I said, "There", had a quick step towards it, tapped it with my hands to remove the dust from the ground, and gave the book to her. She grabbed the book and said "Thanks", turning her head and walked away. I stared at the sight of her back length curly ends hair and smiled. Will I ever see her again? I thought. Then, I went straight ahead to my first class.

That girl did not leave my head for a while. Who is she? Is she my age? Or perhaps a sunbae? Will I see her smile again? Or even just her pretty face. Man, you're crazy, I told myself. It's just the first day~ The school is not as huge as a city so I think I could see her again.

I've waited for that time and I realized that the semester's almost finished. I haven't even seen any sight of her. That's weird, I thought. Or maybe she's not a student here? No, that's impossible. Or is she a teacher? No, she looks young and almost my age. So, I thought of the places in the school that I haven't been in. Wait, I haven't been in the gym coz swimming is in the pool area and not the gym. That makes sense. And I haven't been to the library! Oh that's right. I saw her reading a book so maybe she's there. Stupid, why didn't I think about that earlier. Wait, am I really going to look for her? Is it not creepy like a stalker? I did not realize that I was already saying these things outloud, talking to myself. I laughed at my own craziness. Crazy for this girl I haven't really known yet. But this interest~ my heart pounded so fast on the thought of her. I blushed as I picture her face smiling widely to me. 우앙!!!! 설렌다 ㅎㅎ  (Waaah. Kilig. Haha)

I grabbed my bag and ran my way out of the classroom. I went to the library direction. I ran then walk then ran again. My heart is pounding so fast. I am so excited. When I reached the library, I was shocked on how huge the University Library is. How am I going to look for her here? I started with the first floor. There are so many books! Then second floor~ then, third floor. As I was looking at the people sitting there, I caught a glimpse of her. She is sitting in a corner near the bookshelf. Her hands are placed on the table, around her book. Strands of her hair are slightly concealing the right side of her face as she's looking down the pages of the book. She is about to turn a page when my phone rang. I panicked because it was too loud that almost everyone in the room looked at my direction. I almost jumped and quickly took the phone our of my pocket to receive the call. It's my mom. I went out of the room and answered it quickly.

엄마: 지금 어디야? (Where are you now?)
창민: 학교 있어 (Im at school)
엄마: 그렇구나~ 수업 몇 시 끝나? (Ahh~ What time will your class be over?)
창민: 벌써 끝났어. 왜? (Already finished. Why?)
엄마: 그럼 여기 얼른 와. 난 우리 카페에 있는데 도움 좀 필요할테니까 여기 얼른 와. (So, come here quick. I am in our cafe. We might need your help here so come here quick.)
창민: 아 근데... (Ah but...)
엄마: 수업 없지? 진짜 너 필요해~ 와~ (You don't have class, right? We really need you~ Come~)
창민: 응 그래 그래~ 좀 기다려~ 금방 갈게 (Okay I will, I will~ Please wait~ I will go there in a moment)
엄마: 응 조심해서 가~ (Okay. Take care)
창민: 응. 끊어~ (Okay. Bye)

I put my phone down then went back in the library room. I went back exactly where I was but she's not in sight. I searched for the whole room but there was still no sight of her. I sudden felt an instant sadness. I ran and went on the other floors of the library but she was already gone. I walked out of the library and went to my mom's cafe.


Did you like these contents?


<<NEXT>>

Comments

Popular Posts